Sunday 5 July 2020

Fi's 30 day push-up fundraiser challenge Day 1

Welcome to my 30-day push-up fundraising challenge!





I've resurrected my old blog after setting myself a crazy challenge of doing 3000 push-ups over the next 30 days to raise some much-needed cash for a couple of charities that are important to me.

Ewen's Room is a charity based in west Lochaber providing mental health services to local people as well as online resources to anyone that needs it.  As the name might suggest, the charity was set up in memory of Ewen Gillespie, and his mum writes the heartfelt story of how Ewen's Room came to be here.
Give their Facebook page a like!

Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust are a conservation charity based in Tobermory, on the Isle of Mull.  I have volunteered numerous times on their research survey trips aboard their yacht, Silurian, and was lucky enough to work as a marine mammal observer too.  They have carried out over 2 decades of research of marine life and have an amazing education outreach programme, connecting with local communities and schools up and down the West Highlands and Islands. 
Check out their Facebook page for more info.  You might even find my face in the archives!

I am aiming to raise £1000 and hoping I can achieve that with your generosity and sharing the challenge with your friends.  
I'm also hoping I can sustain it over the 30 days.  I do struggle with pain and chronic fatigue, so while I'm not looking for sympathy, I want to stress the 'challenge' element.  It won't be easy, but I can be bloody stubborn and determined when I set my mind to something. Just ask my mum!!  So the more you give, the more motivation I have to carry on 😉

If you are able to donate, no matter how small, it would be gratefully and humbly received.
*Update, I now have a GoFundMe page for those without a PayPal account
GoFundMe Link

I've decided just to use PayPal to save on any commission or fees so 100% of donations will go to the charities. Here is the link


Please use the 'Friends and Family' option.

I'm looking forward to the challenge and hope you'll follow along with me.  I need plenty of cheerleaders!

I am using a push-up counter app on my phone to record the number of push-ups.  It doesn't let me get away with rubbish attempts so I'm going to have to build up strength quick smart! 
Here are todays stats:



Stay safe, stay healthy, keep those eyes peeled for sea-monsters from the deep, and keep your mental health healthy!

Much love,
Fi x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers