Monday 13 July 2020

30 day push-up challenge and Dry July - Day 8&9

Total push-ups completed: 850
Push-ups to go: 2150



I've had a bit more energy this weekend so I have managed to catch up on some of the missed push-ups and I'm now just 50 behind schedule.  I'm hoping I'll be back on track by Wednesday. 
I'm still struggling to do more than 10 at a time at the moment though. Surely they must get easier soon!! 

I decided to add Dry July to my challenge.  While I don't drink very much anyway, I wanted to have a proper break from alcohol for a while, but again, due to my lack of discipline and various celebrations this month, I knew I would crack if there wasn't a good reason to stay sober!  This weekend was a test and I'm happy to say I passed with flying colours, despite the peer pressure!
My tolerance for alcohol, and the inevitable 3 day hangover, seems to have evaporated in my advancing years!  So learning to be sociable without alcohol again is a very good thing!  The more you donate, the more likely I am to succeed 😉

And on the donation front, thanks to Peter Campbell for today's very generous donation.
Peter informed me that the Paypal.me link requires you to have an account to donate, which I'm sure didn't use to be the case.  So, for those of you that don't have a Paypal account, I have set up a personal GoFundMe page.  Finding a platform that would allow me to link 2 charities has proved fruitless, so these are the best options I can come up with.  Here's the links for both options:

Paypal
GoFundMe

The Charities

Ewen's Room 
Lots of goings-on on their Facebook page.  They are currently running workshops on Tuesdays via Zoom, focusing on Realising Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience Development. If you are interested, you can register here



Ewen's Room lockdown cookbook - If you have any favourite recipes you'd like to share, they are putting together a recipe book from all our favourite lockdown foods. Send them yours via the link.


Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust

Exciting sighting of West coast Orca rockstar, John Coe, was spotted of Neist Point on Skye today!
Check out the awesome pictures here.
I've been lucky enough to spot John Coe and his partner in crime Aquarius from the good ship Silurian, in this very location!  I didn't manage to get a picture of that encounter but I did see the rest of the gang on another trip, again just of the west coast of Skye. Here's a couple of pics from that encounter. 
Floppy fin











                        Aquarius & Moneypenny (I think)




All their research expeditions have been cancelled this season, so they are relying on any sightings of cetaceans and basking sharks being logged by those at sea or by the public from the coast.  If you see anything, please use the Whaletrack app to log your sighting.

Another way you can help them, is by shopping.  If you use Amazon, register for Amazon Smile and select HWDT as your chosen charity.  It's a really easy and effective way to raise funds without even trying! 


That's all for tonight.  I'll be back with another update of my progress soon.

Stay kind,
Fi x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers